Original Roleplaying Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom

4 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Kingdom Empty The Kingdom

Post  Admin Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:09 pm

*Moved from My Candy Love RP Forum thread. Originally found at: http://www.mycandylove.com/forum/t10528,1-role-play-the-kingdom.htm

[READ ALL before starting]
Hello and welcome to The Kingdom: A action/fantasy/romance(?)/comedy/crazy Role-Playing adventure.

Here's how it works: I'll be giving you the beginning of the story as well as playing a few key characters, but from there on what you choose to do with your adventure is mainly up to you.

Your character (please only play as one character unless I approve of a second) will go through the stages of learning his/her way around The S. T. Ranger Academy for Gifted Youths and discovering the secret behind the infamous student-founded organization known as "The Kingdom".

Occasionally, each character participating will need to make a decision that will effect their individual outcomes. This decision will be prompted by the description of a scene or interaction with a character followed by the words "What will you do?" or "What do you say?"

For the most part, characters will interact with eachother without my prompting, as long as one of you sets up the scene. ( example: “She sees another one of her classmates, [name], and decides to go say hello.” ) Please write in the third person, present tense, to keep the writing style as consistent as possible.

You will be given a few tasks during different parts of the game. These tasks are not mandatory for moving on in the game but they are recommended. You can complete these tasks in any order you want, however you want. ( example: “She decided to go look for her room. She asks a nearby student for help. )

This game has an unlimited number of total characters, but you'll need to write a Student Application first. (See below*) Once I approve of the character, you can join in the story as a new student and ask other players to help catch you up with what's going on. When I approve of your character, I will tell you a few things to get him/her started such as their room number and first class.

Rules:
-Keep with the story. Don't go off in your own little world if something is already going on.
-You will have a lot of freedom with what you do or say, so please don't abuse it.
-If you want to quit the game, don't just leave. Let me know so that I can adjust the adventure accordingly.
-Please write all ooc comments in parenthesis.
-If you have any questions about the game, or you find yourself stuck, just ask me or another player.

Ready? Let's get started!

-------

[Dean]:
"The S. T. Ranger Academy for Gifted Youths. Quite the mouthful isn't it? No wonder most of the students just call it The Strange House.
As you might have guessed, this is a school for kids of all ages that are a bit... different. Different how, you ask? Well, you'll just have to find out.
Anyway, since you're here I'm sure you're a little outside the norm yourself. Now now, don't be shy. What's your name? Oh wait! I can just read it off of your Student Application!
Now let's see here..."

Name:

Photo:

Special Ability:

Extra (Optional):

"Oh that's right! Well let me be the first to welcome you. I think you're going to fit in just fine here. That is, if you stay out of trouble. What do I mean by that? I assumed you'd heard by now, you know, about a certain group of delinquent students that have been causing problems around here. I'm talking about The Kingdom of course!
A regular bunch of ingrates they are. You'd do well to stay away from them. But what am I worrying about? You look like a good kid to me.
Here. [ He hands you your Room Key and Class Schedule ] If you ever need any help with anything, just come and visit me at the Dean's Office. My door is always open!"

----------

Tasks:
-Find room
-Ask one other person about The Kingdom
-Attend first class

-----------

Players already approved and in game:
- Lesly Williamson
- Marcie Leitner
- Keith Aridail

Previous players can just pick up where they left off.
Please respect the rules and the hard work Your Humble Admin is putting into this. Thank you.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://originalrpgamez.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Kingdom Empty Re: The Kingdom

Post  Jessiee Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:49 pm

Lesly grinned, "It's HUGE!" she exclaimed. She looked around the room as if she was searching for something, "I didn't realize you guys had an auditorium." she commented running up to the stage and jumping on it.

Zack chuckled, "Yeah, pretty nice right?" he asked, going over to the front row and sitting in the red cushioned seat. "Put on a show for me. You owe me that much." Zack waved his hand jokingly.

"Sure!" Lesly sprinted backstage, to Zack's surprise.

"You know I was kidding, right?" He asked, standing from his seat.

"I know, but I'm not." she peaked her head from behind the curtains on the side of the stage. "Just stay there Zack. I love performances." she explained going back behind the curtains. Zack sighed and sat back down in his seat. A moment later, Lesly came out from the curtains with a guitar in hand. "I know how to play a little, only a few songs, but I love the guitar."

"Where did you get that?" Zack asked, raising an eyebrow in her direction.

Lesly giggled, "Someone left theirs. I'll put it back in a second." Zack sighed and rolled his eyes, and Lesly looked down at her fingers, setting them in place and biting her lip. "Hope you don't mind me singing." She added. She started to strum and eventually, her voice echoed through the auditorium. She wasn't the MOST amazing, but she was definitely up there. She sang the song "King of Anything" by Sara Bareilles, eyes closed and fully in the song. Zack watched her intensely, fully surprised by her voice.

Once she finished singing it, her eyes flew open and she grinned. "How was that?" she asked, quickly sprinting back stage to put back the guitar. When she came back out, Zack was grinning, arms open wide to give her a congratulatory hug. She laughed and entered his arms, then back up and gently patted his cheek. "Was that enough repayment?" she asked jokingly.

He gave her a shrug, "Better than I thought you would be able to sing. Who would have thought?" he asked. She nudged him and laughed.

"Yeah yeah, shut up." she smiled. "Where to next?" she asked.

He shrugged, "Let's just roam a little."

Lesly nodded and she grabbed his hand, leading him out of the auditorium.
Jessiee
Jessiee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:57 pm

[Auditorium]

As Lesly and Zack exit the auditorium, an unseen figure pokes its head out from its hiding place, crouched among discarded file cabinets. A pair of thick-framed glasses are illuminated by the screen of a laptop computer. A student goes unnoticed; she recoils into the background, recording a few new scraps of information with the quiet tapping of a keyboard.
A bell rings. Better get whatever you need for your next class.

[Lesly's tasks]:
7- Retrieve school supplies from dorm room
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Kingdom Empty ...

Post  Jessiee Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Lesly sighed when the bell rang. "Looks like it's time to seperate. I'll see you later!" She grinned and ran off in the opposite direction. Zack waved as she dissapeared behind a corner.

Lesly made her way through the rush of students, back towards her dorm. She needed to get her supplies. Once she reached her dorm she pulled out her keys and slipped into her room. A moment later her backpack was filled with what she would need for the rest of her classes. What... were her classes anyway? She sighed and pulled out a schedule from her pocket, unfolding the wrinkled paper and searching for the name of her second period and room number.
Jessiee
Jessiee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:51 pm

[Lesly's Schedule]:
1. Group Studies- Rm.13
2. Physical Education- Gymnasium
3. Superhuman Biology Studies- Rm.5
4. Lunch- Dining Hall
5. Music- Auditorium
6. Social Studies- Rm. 9
7. Language Arts- Rm.11
8. Roaming Period
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Kingdom Empty ....

Post  Jessiee Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Lesly grinned, "Awesome! P.E." she crumbled her schedule back into her pocket and swung her backpack over her shoulder. She was about to leave the room when she thought to grab gym clothes. She quickly grabbed a t-shirt that read "Day-Dreamer" and some sweat shorts and threw them into her backpack. A moment later she was in the hall headed towards the Gym. When she got into the gym, the boy she had put to sleep in her first period was glaring coldly at her. Lesly smiled and waved, which completely confused the boy, and he went on his way.

Lesly chuckled to herself and looked around at the gym, searching for the locker rooms. She spotted them and quickly walked over and into them. She asked for a locker and put her backpack inside, after pulling out her gym clothes. She slipped them on quickly and threw her normal clothes into the locker, slamming it shut just as a group of girls entered the room.

The girls gave her a disgusted look as they scanned over her clothes choice. They were dressed in pink lacy skirts and tops, that were actually quite sickening. No doubt they had a matching set of pink sweats, or worse yet, yoga pants. Lesly rolled her eyes and walked out of the locker room and into the gym. She went and sat in the bleachers nearby and watched as more people entered the gym. Suddenly she saw a big pink group of girls coming out of the locker rooms. They were giggling girlishly, obviously fake, and wearing extremely short, pink, spandex, and an extremely tight fitting shirt, along with matching pink sneakers. The whole sight was very sickening. Lesly watched as one of the girls tripped over her laces and hit her face on the floor.

Lesly put a hand over her mouth in attempt to hold in her laugh, but it wasn't very affective. She burst out laughing and got a glare from the group of girls.
Jessiee
Jessiee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:19 pm

[Girl's Locker Room]

Most of the other girls move along without giving Lesly too much trouble, changing with little rush and chatting among themselves, but one girl seems unable to keep her eyes off of the new student. There is nothing particularly special-looking about the girl, apart from a scrutinizing glare etched firmly upon her face; after a moment of apparent examination, she speaks.

[Student]:
"So it's you, huh? The new girl rooming with the Tiny Terror? Honestly, I expected you to look a little... tougher."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 pm

(Can I join?)
Name: Keith Aridail

Special Ability: Mind Control (Limits to this including: Has to be able to see who he is controlling
Has to stay still while doing
Photo:
so.The Kingdom D59h1k4

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:32 pm

[New Character: Keith has been accepted]

Your room assignment is 1W in the West Wing.
Your first class is an elective.

You have not chosen an elective yet! You can choose Music, Art, Home Economics, or Technical Education.

[Keith's Tasks]:
1- Find room
2- Ask one other person about The Kingdom
3- Attend first class

-- What will you do? --
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:41 pm

(Keith's first elective would be tech ed.)
Keith stumbled around somewhat blindly, searching for his room. He looked around and saw students wandering to their respective classes. He would ask where the west wing was but Keith would much rather find it himself. When he finally located the West Wing and found his room he quickly grabbed his things for his first class. He once again wandered off not knowing where to go. He finally decided to look for someone who looked as if they were in the mood to help him.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:48 pm

[Hallway]

Crowds of students rush by, paying the disoriented young man little to no attention. Finally, he catches someone's eye. A girl, looking to be in his same age group, with a laptop computer tucked under her arm gives Keith a sideways glance from behind thick-framed lenses. She stops in front of him, shrugging a bulky violet backpack onto one shoulder.

[Student]:
"Lost?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:50 pm

"A little," he tried to sound at least a bit confident, "I was just wondering where the Tech Ed room is."

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 am

[Hallway]

The unknown girls nods silently. Her expression is distant behind her glasses.

[Student]:
"Room two. I'll show you."

She walks away, gesturing subtly for Keith to follow. She doesn't appear to be much of a talker, this one.

"I'm Wynona. You?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Kingdom Empty ...

Post  Jessiee Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:09 am

Lesly spun to look at the girl, sort of confused. "Um, yes I'm new. My name's Lesly. But what do you mean, "Tiny Terror"?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "And what do you mean I should look tougher?" She added. She looked at the girl, scanning her face. The girl didn't seem all that threatening either, who was she to judge... toughness. "I don't mean to he rude, but who are you anyway?" She asked.
Jessiee
Jessiee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 am

[Girl's locker room]

[Student]:
"You're the girl who's rooming with Primrose, right? Around here that's practically a death sentence. The last girl who shared a room with her was a friend of a mine, she didn't last a week and she was a model student. If the dean had any sense, he'd have given her a roommate with steel nerves, or better yet, put her in isolation."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessiee Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:26 am

"Oh Primrose! Yeah, I'm rooming with her." She smirked, "And so far, she's been nothing but help. Not to say I'm not thankful for your warning, but I haven't seen that." She smiled and nodded in goodbye. "Nice talking to you, but I have to get to class." She headed for the gym court. She had a thing against people who just spread lies, and even if it wasn't a lie, she learned to find out for herself before believing stuff like that.
Jessiee
Jessiee

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:33 am

"I'm Keith," he could feel the dreaded awkward silence begin to creep up. It didn't matter that they just met and he hardly knew the girl, he had to keep the conversation going.

"Ummm... I heard there this organization... the kingdom I think," he took a pause wondering how to frase the sentence with her," do you know much about it?"
The question seemed alright but the topic seemed rather tense the last time he had heard it brought up.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 am

[Gymnasium]

Gym class looks surprisingly normal compared to the other odd courses the school had scheduled. Of course, students with certain abilities would have an advantage, but maybe that's just something to get used to around here. While jogging around the massive gymnasium, a boy with messy brown hair and a pair of glasses that slip precariously down the bridge of his nose with every step runs up beside Lesly.

[Student]:
"Thanks. For sticking up for her I mean."

He pushes up his glasses, picks up his unsteady pace, and jogs away before Lesly can react.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:16 am

[Hallway]

The faraway look in Wynona's deep brown eyes vanishes; she snaps to attention and speeds up, pushing determinedly through crowds of students until they are outside a room with a 2 marked beside the doorway.

[Wynona]:
"I showed you the way for free, but extra information will cost you."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessiee Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 am

Lesly smiled as he jogged away, "No problem." She wasn't sure if he could hear it or not, but whatever. She sighed and continued jogging, looking for familiar faces. Zack and Primrose were no where in sight, she saw that group of girls as they glared at her, and spotted the other girl who had spoken to her up ahead. She watched as some of the students excelled in their jogging, seeming to go around the gym 5 times before she could get a single lap done. She smirked and started to jog at a faster rate, finally getting it at 3 laps to her one lap. She felt pretty accomplished, she used to run in track and cross country until a while ago, so getting back into it felt great.
Jessiee
Jessiee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:46 am

[Gymnasium]

On the other side of the gym, the slumped-over form of the boy from before can just barely be made out. It seems he exhausted himself pretty quickly, and the gym teacher isn't pleased. Despite the teacher's scolding, he seems rather unfazed. He keeps turning his head towards one of the exits, as if willing himself to make an escape. As Lesly draws closer, she can see that he is wringing his hands together nervously. He looks a little... twitchy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:14 pm

"Ummm," he stared at the door then back at Wynona," Okay... I guess."
He should have known better than to ask. Unfortunately now he is really curious about The Kingdom and since Wynona at least gave him a way for his questions to be answered he decided to see what her price is. If it is anything ridiculous he thinks he might as well catch her unaware some time later and try again.
"What is the price?" he got the feeling that he wouldn't be able to pay up. He didn't have a penny on him.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 pm

[Hallway]

[Wynona]:
"Information for information. If you learn something interesting and let me know, I'll return the favor. Every observation can be useful, but the trade has to be of equal value."

She leans in close to Keith, lowering her voice.

"I'll give you one clue for free; the thing you just asked, I happen to know a thing or too about, but I like to keep quiet about it."

A smile suddenly lights up her face. She giggles softly, almost childishly, and goes on her way.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2Razocony6 Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Keith took a moment before muttering, "What the heck."
The sudden personality change had struck him as odd but he couldn't dwell on the thought. He entered the room to get started with class.

2Razocony6

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:18 pm

[Classroom 2]
[Technical Education]

It almost comes as a surprise how normal the class looks. Students work quietly on decent-looking desktops or on their own laptops; the teacher pays little attention as the new student enters, nursing a cup of coffee with a weary expression on his face. Keith keeps his eyes open for anything strange or worth reporting to his new friend(?), but there doesn't appear to be anything remarkable about the class at all.
The only new knowledge he comes away with is that this course is primarily chosen by students with a "mind" ability, whatever that means. At least after some fiddling with the provided desktop, he has some basic understanding of how the school computers work. It seems a lot of websites are blocked, and all the provided programs look quite obscure. The school provides everything a student may need from the inside, but it looks like a lot of the outside world is sealed off to them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum